We love shepherd’s pie (or cottage pie as some people call it) in our house. It’s a hearty nutritious meal and the kids love it. Once you find something the kids love it ends up being a regular meal to get them to eat lol!
- 1/2lb minced beef
- 1 whole peeled onion (not chopped)
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- Frozen carrots
- Frozen peas
- Baby potatoes
- Fry the mince in a pot with some olive oil
- Meanwhile bring the baby potatoes to the boil and then let simmer
- Make up the beef stock and add with it the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, onion, some salt and pepper and let cook on a medium heat for 5 mins
- Now add the frozen veg, as much or as little as you like and leave to cook on a medium heat for approx 10 mins.
- The baby potatoes should be done by now so just serve and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! Let me know if you try it. Yaz x