I don’t wear makeup most days but some days when my skin looks fatigued or I have hormonal breakouts I like put on a bit of makeup to make myself feel less….bleuuughhhh…you know? 🙂
As I’m in a rush most morning I try to get away with the bare minimum and as quick as possible to get out for the school run. Here is my quick & easy 5 product face to enhance what you’ve got while looking very natural.
Don’t forget your sunscreen first 🙂
1. BB or CC cream as they are light and not heavy for running around after kids all day. Also full on foundation and sloppy baby kisses don’t mix great lol! I love The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil bb cream which I reviewed here Or I like this Bourjois 123 perfect cc cream which reviewed here. It’s too dark for me at the moment with this lack of summer we’re getting, I keep meaning to pick up the lighter shade.
2. Mascara is always a must because dark full lashes immediately make your eyes look more awake.This Lancome Grandiose mascara is great because it has a curved/bendy stick so makes putting mascara on quickly a doddle! See my review of that here
3. Lip balm like Vaseline or Carmex to keep lips looking moisturized and alive!
4. Highlighter to add some life to my face. I dab YSL Touche Eclat on my cheekbones and the bridge of my nose. Also around my eye area if they are looking particularly dull.
5. Concealer for days where I have big angry spots that need covering or dark circles under my eyes. This concealer by Collection is cheap as chips & one of my all time favourite concealers! Full review here
To do all that it takes me well under 5 minutes, probably more like 3 minutes! It’s quick but it does the job I think.
I’m linking this up to Sinead’s (Bumbles of Rice) linky #barefacedbeauty! Follow the hashtag to find some other great makeup tips, I know I will be!
Mascara is my all time favourite makeup product but sometimes finding the right one is so difficult. Either the wand/brush isn‘t right ot the mascara itself is too watery or flakey.
Then comes along the Maybelline Falsies Lash in the post. I generally get on well with Maybelline mascaras so I was looking foward to trying it.
Ophthalmologist tested, suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lenses.
Instant Lash Lift Effect: Better than a Salon Lash Lift (LVL) all in a tube!!
Fibre Infused Formula: Lifts and coats all lashes giving your lashes the salon lash lift effect but without the hassle and for a fraction of the price!
Double Curved Brush: Unique brush made especially to lengthen and volumise lashes
Dramatic Length & Volume: Different to all the other mascara’s this locks dramatic length instantly due to the double-curved brush and fibre infused formula.
All-day wear: Just remove with your favourite makeup remover, suitable for contact lens wearers and sensitive eyes
How to use
Step 1: For best results, hold the brush against lashes and sweep from root to tip.
Step 2: Repeat until the desired look is achieved.
Top Tip: Do not let dry between coats
Before and After
As you can see the difference is huge is the before and after. My lashes are curled and there is more length added.
Maybelling Falsies Lash Lift Mascara on left. Top right picture of eye with no mascara on. Bottom right after pucture of same eye with mascara on and lashes looking much longer and lifted.
Maybelline Falsies Lash Lift Mascara – Before & After
The brush is a perfect size for grabbing the lashes and getting a good lift on them. I found the product goes on smooth; not too drying or clumpy. No flaking throughout the day either.
I’ve had the LVL lash lift before and really loved the results. They were curled up and looked longer, making me appear to have a bit of mascara on. Unfortunately, I just don’t have the patience or time to sit there so I haven’t had it done again. It’s time-consuming and with just 2 and a half hours free to myself with kids in school, I’d rather do something else with my time 😉
I also have sensitive eyes and certain mascaras make them sting but no stinging with this even when removing.
So I highly recommend giving this one a go. I think it’s my new holy grail mascara and the RRP at €11.99 makes very affordable.
You can buy the mascara from most pharmacies, Amazon or from Boots here